Hamilton Memorial Fall Frolic Run

Brendan Rathbone-Desch

Steven Bugarin and Jose Palmerin placed first and third in the overall run.

PNW held the Fall Frolic/Jennie Hamilton 4-Mile Run and 1.5 Mile Wellness Walk Nov. 6 at the Hammond campus.

Almost 400 PNW students, faculty members and community members participated in the run. The top student finishers were Trent Sinnett and Andrea David. The top faculty finishers were Scott Iverson and Alison Bishel.

The event has been hosted by PUC at the Fitness and Recreation Center for more than 10 years.

The race is named after former PUC student Jennie Hamilton. Hamilton was a fitness management major who was killed in a bike accident in 2006. The proceeds of the race go toward a scholarship fund created in her honor.

John Bobalik, fitness center director, said that the event has a positive effect on the university and the community as a whole.

“The main reason the fitness center puts on the race is to provide PNW students an opportunity to participate in a special running and walking event that is not available to any other college or university in this area,” Bobalik said.

An earlier version of this article had a cutline on the photo that stated Steven Bugarin and Jose Palmerin placed second and third in the overall run. Steven Bugarin actually placed first in the Hamilton Memorial Fall Frolic run. The Pioneer regrets this error.