Westville’s new fitness center

Just+half+of+what+the+DSACs+new+fitness+center+looks+like%21+

Jenna Gloy

Just half of what the DSAC’s new fitness center looks like!

Upon completion of the new Dworkin Student Services and Activities Complex building on the Westville campus, both the general public and PNW students have been treated to a brand new fitness center. The fitness center is open from 5:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Friday, from 12:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. Saturday, and closed on Sunday.

PNW students may access the fitness center at no cost. All others must apply for a membership in order to access the fitness center. The cost of membership for a PNW employee is $100 per year; for an alumni, $200 per year; and for the general public, $500 per year.
Fitness center employees Chayse and Madisyn said that, though there is already a lot of equipment, more equipment is expected to arrive in the near future.

The fitness center has an open gymnasium where people can play basketball and other sports. On the main level, the fitness center has equipment that can be used to increase muscular strength. Some activities that members may partake in on the main level of the fitness center are lifting weights and doing chin-ups.

The fitness center includes a track field on the upper level. The upper level also has cardiovascular equipment, such as treadmills and steppers. When one is finished with a workout, he or she may take a shower and change clothes downstairs in the locker rooms.